Part 1 Selecting the Sagging Essentials
Find a suitable belt. A canvas belt with a clip fastener or sliding buckle is a useful tool for keeping your sag from slipping. When wearing a clip or sliding buckle, you can usually fasten your pants tightly in the position you need to keep your pants from falling down. Traditional pin buckle belts aren't as variable, which will result in a looser fit due to the spacing between belt holes.
Choose the right pants. There are various kinds of pants suited for sagging. You can choose the style that meets your taste best, or you could invest in a few different pairs to add variety to your sag-style. Try on different pants with different cuts to find out what look works best for you. Don't be afraid to try out uncommon pants. You might discover a whole new style for yourself.
3Be aware of how your choice of pants affects your sag-style. Regular cut pants should work fine for sagging, but if you're after the classic sag look, you'll want a baggy cut of pants. If you want a fresher style, try some drop crotch pants.
- Relaxed fit pants work best if you want a casual everyday outfit. They're the most versatile choice of pants. You can sag them just a few inches to create a smooth sagging-look or you can wear them below your buttocks to get a pronounced sag.
- Baggy pants are the traditional choice for sagging and the kinds of pants that created the sagging-style. They have a slightly lower and wider cut crotch plus wide legs. Be aware that baggy pants are designed to be worn lower than regular pants to allow their intended style to show. Never wear them too high on your waist or you'll defeat their purpose, like wearing some sneakers on your hands would defeat the purpose of shoes.
- Drop crotch pants or harem pants already have a crotch that's cut lower than normal while maintaining tighter cut legs. They will create an impression that you're wearing your pants lower than you actually are. Drop crotch pants have become more popular in the last years, especially sweat pants with low cut crotches. But since not many people have adopted this style yet, they're still fresh and will work for you if you're looking for something distinctive.
- Shorts can be sagged as well. You have to put extra care in how low you sag them. If you wear them so low that your shorts' legs are almost touching your shoes, you'll look like wearing normal pants, which defeats the purpose of wearing shorts.
4Pick the right size. Depending on your body type the size you need will vary, but generally you should wear pants that are at least one size bigger than your normal size. For a baggier, saggier look, you can also wear pants that are 2 or 3 sizes larger than your normal. For example, if your normal waist is size 34, baggy you might wear pants ranging in size between 35 and 38.
- The brand of pants you purchase will also affect the size that's best for you. Sizes can differ widely in the inseam, hip, and leg between brands.
- Different brands of pants will also have different cuts, like longer or shorter cut crotches or wider or tighter legs. This will also affect the way your sag looks.
- If you have slender hips, it's likely you'll need a smaller size of baggy pants to prevent them from falling off. Stockier individuals thicker in the thigh, however, might want to invest in pants a few sizes normal than their average.
Determine your sag-style. If your baggy pants are worn too high, you'll miss the mark and simply appear like you're wearing overlarge clothes instead of sagging. Pants that are worn too low can fall easily off your body and/or make it difficult for you to walk. Generally, you'll want the crotch of your pants to lie lower than normal and the fit to be as relaxed as possible.
6Be aware of how low you wear your pants will affect your sag-style.
- A minor sag is when you simply wear your pants slightly lower on your hips. This creates a subtler, more casual sag-style. It can be a less offensive alternative if you're out with your parents or in polite company while still staying true to your sense of style. It is also the easiest way to sag, because your pants won't slide off your buttocks on their own. The downside of this style is that depending on the pants you wear, your sag won't be as noticeable as you might want it to be. Sometimes this style is called "shy sagging" and amongst saggers has the stigma of being worn by people who lack confidence in their own style.
- A medium sag is when you wear your pants right in the middle of your buttocks, which creates a more pronounced sag-style. This is a good alternative if you want to let other people clearly see that you're sagging. It is also comparatively easy to maintain in comparison to more extreme styles. This way of wearing your pants might be most appropriate when out with your friends.
- A major sag is a more extreme sag-style. It means wearing your pants below your buttocks and sometimes even below your genitals. It might take you some time to get used to it and it takes some experience to know how to keep your pants up and how to walk properly. Be aware that this style is more show-offy than the aforementioned, but it will create an aura of complete confidence if your style. You'll not only appear as someone who goes against traditional conventions and dress codes while staying true to yourself, but it might also earn you respect from other saggers.
- An extreme sag is when you wear your pants around your thighs. This is perhaps the most noticeable version of sagging and is also the most prone to slippage. It takes a lot of experience to wear. You might want to give this style a test run before you try it in public! This style works best if you combine it with long shirts or tall tees. Proficient extreme saggers rock this style casually as if they don't even care, and with this make people wonder how their pants stay up.
Part 2 Sagging Your Pants
1Position your pants. Try a few different positions on your body and use a full length mirror to see how the different sag-styles look on you. Some body types might not work with certain styles of sag. For example, if you have a relatively flat butt, even if you want your pants to rest there, you may find your pants slide lower even with a tightly fastened belt.
- You should fasten your pants with a belt by bringing your legs together while tightening your belt. You'll want your belt to be tight against your body to keep your pants up while standing and walking.
- After firmly fastening your belt, you may want to readjust the way your pants are positioned. Cinching your belt can sometimes raise your pants higher than you desire. Tug your pants back into the position you prefer and check your look in a mirror.
- You might even wear your pants so low that the back pockets reach to the backs of your knees. This will create a visible, iconic sag-style, especially while walking.
Adopt a wide stance to prevent slippage. When wearing your sag-style, especially for extreme saggers, you'll want to keep your legs at least slightly spread apart when standing and walking. This widened stance will help keep your pants from sliding down your legs.
3Add width to your body with sub-layers. Under layers will add width to your frame, and much like your widened stance, more width to your body will prevent your pants for sagging farther than you intend. Most saggers recommend and prefer boxer shorts when sagging to keep their backside fully covered, although you might want to avoid smooth fabric like satin or silk. Smooth fabric underwear will make it easier for your pants to slide down and off your body. You can add another sub-layer over your boxers by wearing a pair of athletic shorts.
- If you find that your boxers don't offer enough coverage, you could wear two pairs of shorts. These can also be worn fashionably, with the pair closest to your body hiked a little bit higher on your waist than the other. This can create interesting patterns between your shorts, boxers, and pants.
4Personalize your look. Sagger style doesn't just use baggy pants! You'll want to combine your choice of pants similarly baggy clothing, like tall tees, over sized t-shirts, and/or long, loose fitting shirt. If you are uncomfortable showing off your underwear, stick to longer shirts that hide your under garments.
- Normal size t-shirts work well if you want to show off your underwear/shorts. Normal tees that reveal your sub-layers can create interesting, fashionable patterns between your outer and inner layers.
- Hoodies, being a baggier article of clothing, naturally match the sagger style. However, if you've chosen a sag-style that is especially low on your body, you might need to buy a hoodie that's longer than usual or is a size or two bigger than what you normally wear.
- If you've decided on wearing drop crotch pants, the thinner legs will likely match well with thinner clothing on your upper body as well. Experiment to see what works best for you!
5Avoid walking on your pants. Since your pants will be slung lower on your body than intended by the manufacturer, it's almost certain that the bottom cuffs of your pants will drag on the ground. This can fray or wear out the material of your pants, severely decreasing the amount of wear-time you get from them. This can also trip you up when you're walking, which can be dangerous. To ensure this doesn't happen to you, you might want to take the extra fabric around your feet, collect it together, and tuck the back of it into the back of your shoes.
- You may have to reposition the bottom cuff of your pants for the most natural look, but since you've only tucked the back of your pants into your shoes, the extra fabric should pool around your ankles. This should cover up the tucking, keeping it from looking weird.
6Sit down properly in your baggy pants. Another reason a canvas or fabric belt is preferred among saggers is that these are less rigid. This means that while you're sitting, it's less likely your belt will dig into your uncomfortably. Sitting with baggy pants can create bunching that becomes uncomfortable over time. Get into the habit of noticing bunching quickly and pulling the fabric smooth.
- If you find that your belt still causes discomfort when sitting, you may want to pull your pants up a little bit when you sit down. This will likely place your belt on a higher, narrower part of your body, where the belt will be more relaxed.
- Another way of avoiding discomfort is pulling your pants down a bit until you're no longer sitting on the belt. But be aware that this will create a much more extreme sag when standing up.
Rearrange your pants when standing up. Especially if you've had to pull up or smooth bunched fabric while sitting down, your sag-style might have shifted. You should tug the legs of your pants downward to return them to the sag-style you prefer. This also will keep unattractive creases from forming in your pants. Failure to keep your pants smoothed can result in permanent folds that harsh your cool sag style.
How can I sag my jeans without exposing my boxers?
Wear a long shirt or a tall tee. It will cover your underwear while sagging.Thanks!
Not Helpful 2 Helpful 8
How do I sag like a gangster?
Simply follow the steps shown in this article and give your clothes a more "hip-hop" flair. Try to wear some relaxed clothes like tall tees and hoodies. Combine them with a cap and casual sneakers.Thanks!
Not Helpful 5 Helpful 6
How do I sag in school?
The same way you would sag anywhere else, but first check if your school has a dress code that prohibits sagging.Thanks!
Not Helpful 1 Helpful 1
Ask a Question
200 characters leftSubmit
If this question (or a similar one) is answered twice in this section, please click here to let us know.
- If you are a little shy but want to get comfortable with sagging, try wearing your pants baggy at home first. Little by little, start wearing your sag-style out in public places, and eventually you'll be ready to proudly wear your sag-style while doing normal activities.
- You might receive more attention than usual for your choice in style. Fashion, however, is a matter of expression. Don't let the opinions of others keep you from expressing yourself.
- There may be places or occasions where you are not allowed to wear your clothing sag-style. Your trusty belt can save you in these situations. In these cases, hike your pants up around your waste and cinch your belt tight.
- Some schools and communities may have rules against baggy pants, especially if your sag-style reveals your underwear.
Upload a picture for other readers to see.
Awesome picture! Tell us more about it? Click here to share your story.
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 149,942 times.
Kitchen Shirts, Restaurant Shirts, Server Polo s at Chef Juhi chawla at iijw for kays jewellers
Streetwear, Hip hop Urban Clothing Top Streetwear
Langston s Western Wear - Official Site
Wholesale Clothing and Urban Wear. - m
20 Perfect Summer Getaways Travel Leisure
2017 Hair Ideas Haircuts for
25 Best Ideas about Men Hair Color on Pinterest Mens highlights
25 best ideas about New York Outfits on Pinterest New york style
Atmosphere Resort: Best luxury resort in the Philippines
Bathroom Ideas & Designs - Decoration & Decor Inspiration
Beautiful Beach Wedding Dresses.uk
Black and White Hello Kitty Checkered Facebook Cover Preview